who to trust?
You are a property owner and intend to sell or rent your building? To avoid undervaluing or overvaluing your property, a good property valuation is essential! But how can you be sure that you are selling your house or flat at the right price? Indeed, it is not always easy to know who to trust: are free tools enough or should you turn to an estate agent? Our advice? Call on a real estate professional!
Have your property valued: who can you trust?
Are you looking for a free tool to have your property valued?
Online tools are indeed very attractive, as they offer a free and quick response.
However, while they give you a market price, and therefore an approximate idea of the value of your property, they do not take into account many other aspects that have an impact on the price of your home.
The risk? Selling your flat or house below its price… or not finding buyers if the advertised price is too high.
So don’t limit yourself to these tools and use a real estate agency! The latter will take into account all the characteristics of your home before carrying out the estimate.
The advantages? You can be sure that you won’t miss out on any details!
What do you need to pay attention to for a correct valuation of your property?
Whether in Luxembourg or elsewhere, there are a number of parameters to be taken into account for a correct assessment of the value of your home.
- The property market. Of course, the region where the property is located influences the price you can get for your villa, house or flat.
- The direct and indirect environment. Is your property directly opposite your neighbours? Are there few means of transport around your home? This could have an impact on the price of your property. Indeed, the environment in which the property is located influences the value perceived by buyers or potential tenants.
- General aspect of the property (surface area, general condition of the building, exposure, brightness, presence of annexes, etc.).
You haven’t thought about all these details? Are you unfamiliar with the legal specifics of real estate transactions in Luxembourg? Don’t worry: for a safe sale or rental, the real estate agent, unlike the online valuation tools, takes all these points into account.
The property valuation: the different stages
Of course, for an accurate property valuation, the real estate agent does not just ask a few questions about your home.
After an initial discussion in person or at a distance, he or she will go directly to the property to assess its general condition and draw up a map of all its advantages and disadvantages. Thanks to a comparative study with similar properties on the market, you will finally have a price to rent or sell.
Of course, in order to do this, it is essential to have a thorough knowledge of the prices in the area and the property market. At Riman Immobilien, we have almost 20 years of experience in the real estate sector in the Grand Duchy and abroad.
We are present in Wasserbillig, in the canton of Grevenmacher, and are involved in
- the board of directors of the Luxembourg Real Estate Chamber;
- the board of directors of the European Real Estate Association (CEPI);
- the board of directors of the World Council of Real Estate Agents (FIABCI).
We also have a detailed knowledge of the evolution of market prices. In addition, we have an international network of professionals, so we are always up to date with the latest developments in the sector.
Do you live near Mertert or elsewhere in Luxembourg and are you planning to rent or sell a property? Contact us: we’ll be happy to talk to you over a cup of coffee!